Asbestos removal and repair is complicated and time-consuming. The Health and Safety Executive recommends that you get help managing asbestos removal contracts “for all but the most straightforward of jobs”.
Experts in asbestos surveys and asbestos management, Pillars Environmental can also provide project management support to make sure that removal works are carried out safely, on-time and in strict compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations.
Our management team has experience working on some of the largest and most complex removal projects and can offer a range of services including providing inspections, drawing up specifications and reviewing contractors.
We will help you understand some of the more technical and confusing aspects of the asbestos regulations, guiding you on your obligations under the law and advising you on the most practical course of action in any given set of circumstances.
Most asbestos removal contractors are good and honest. But there are some cowboys out there. Our years of industry experience means that we can help you find a strong contractor, with the expertise to carry out the work you require.
Things don’t always go to plan during asbestos removals. If something does go wrong, or there is a disagreement between you and your removal contractor, we will always be there to represent your interests and negotiate the best possible resolution.
Our asbestos removal project management services
– Prepare the specification for the works, ensuring compliance with regulations and communicating your requirements to a list of contractors.
– Manage the tendering process, assessing quotations and vetting removal contractors based on their experience and compliance with relevant health and safety regulations.
– Perform regular site audits to monitor progress and ensure that the asbestos removal contractor is carrying out works safely.
– Advise and represent the interests of the client in all site meetings to help maintain agreed timescales and costs.
– Produce documentation showing that removal works were completed to a satisfactory standard at the end of a project.